(in the car)
caroline: mommy, we forgot to pray!
mommy: we did? well, let's pray then.
caroline: it's okay, i'll pray on sunday.
mommy: baby, we can pray whenever and wherever we want to...do you want to pray right now?
caroline: no, that's okay, i'll just do it next week.
....doesn't say much for a few minutes until susanna starts to cray...
caroline: mommy, it's okay to cry.
mommy: you're right, it is okay.
caroline: you can cry when you're sad.
mommy: yes, you can.
caroline: you can cry when someone hurts your feelings.
mommy: that's right...you can cry whenever you need to. there is nothing wrong with crying sometimes.
caroline: you can cry when you're scared, too.
mommy: yes, you can.
caroline: but jesus will protect you. from the dinosaurs and lizards.
mommy: that's right, jesus will protect you.
caroline: jesus saves, end of story.
mommy: couldn't have said it better myself!
Wednesday, September 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
OK, I am laughing out loud at my desk as I read Caroline's sweet words. You are so right in that she could NOT have said her last words any better. Oh, how precious she is. The praying part got me, too. I ditto Kristen in wishing I was there to hear these sweet words for myself!
Love you dearly!
God has the most special ways of blessing us. Through our kids He reminds us of what is most important!
Love 'ya!
Papa
Post a Comment