i haven't uploaded pictures to my computer since christmas so i have nothing new to add photo wise to the blog. hence, the pix of caroline when she was 5 months old. i love this picture! it brings back so many memories. it also makes me so excited about the little one coming in july. i can't wait to see what he/she looks like. like me, like john...a combo this time. i've always wanted at least one brown eyed baby (love john's brown eyes)...will i get one? time will tell!
on a totally different note and definitely not as sweet, i have become a "throwing up" expert through the past 3 or so years. there are many tricks of the trade so i thought i'd share a few....you are warned, this could make you nauseous :)
* i make it to the toilet almost every single time, which is impressive considering how fast it can come on
* on the few occasions i haven't made it, i have successfully avoided soiling anything by throwing up in my hands and the grossest of all, in my mouth (happened this very morning...didn't want to get throw up on my new carpet in my closet)
* have thrown up successfully in the car in a very small cup and bowl. they both traveled with me everywhere for a while
* my daughter ignores me now when an episode hits...just asks if i feel better when i emerge from the bathroom
* no little remedies work for me....not saltine crackers, not bland food, not ginger, not ANYTHING! so, i just eat what i want, enjoy it and know it could come back up...green tea this am :)
* i have learned that i can still eat whatever i have thrown up...eventaully (not my actual throw up mind you, but the food itself in its original form)
* the following foods are really gross to throw up...tortilla chips. strawberries, anything with ginger, chick-fil-a salads, bacon, ramen noodles and many, many other things :)
* last, but not least, all the nausea and vomiting in the world could never possibly outweigh the joy, blessing and miracle of growing a human being created by our loving God in my tummy :)
on a totally different note and definitely not as sweet, i have become a "throwing up" expert through the past 3 or so years. there are many tricks of the trade so i thought i'd share a few....you are warned, this could make you nauseous :)
* i make it to the toilet almost every single time, which is impressive considering how fast it can come on
* on the few occasions i haven't made it, i have successfully avoided soiling anything by throwing up in my hands and the grossest of all, in my mouth (happened this very morning...didn't want to get throw up on my new carpet in my closet)
* have thrown up successfully in the car in a very small cup and bowl. they both traveled with me everywhere for a while
* my daughter ignores me now when an episode hits...just asks if i feel better when i emerge from the bathroom
* no little remedies work for me....not saltine crackers, not bland food, not ginger, not ANYTHING! so, i just eat what i want, enjoy it and know it could come back up...green tea this am :)
* i have learned that i can still eat whatever i have thrown up...eventaully (not my actual throw up mind you, but the food itself in its original form)
* the following foods are really gross to throw up...tortilla chips. strawberries, anything with ginger, chick-fil-a salads, bacon, ramen noodles and many, many other things :)
* last, but not least, all the nausea and vomiting in the world could never possibly outweigh the joy, blessing and miracle of growing a human being created by our loving God in my tummy :)


2 comments:
Oh, I'm so sorry you're so sick, STILL! That's so crazy to me. I love reading Caroline's quotes! I can't wait to read about your new house and see pics! I know yall are so glad to be in it. I'm so excited for Carrie - I just heard her great news!! I love you and miss you!
Amy
I am so happy for you and John!!! I feel your pain about being sick. Dru and I are expecting AGAIN in October and I am alot sicker with this one than with Emma (who just turned one!) I hope you are all doing great! It's definitely not the same without you guys here in Macon! Enjoy the coast!
Natalie Preston
Post a Comment