Saturday, December 20, 2008

caroline's christmas party

rudolph sandwiches :)

susanna helping me get stuff ready!

caroline showing off her cookie

the class eating their goodies

caroline and mommy

mrs. kampen quizzing the kids


opening her present from mrs. kampen


4K class - minus one who was at disney world

taylor grace and caroline

caroline and mrs. kampen - can you tell caroline loves her??

caroline had her christmas party at school on friday. i made the kids rudolph sandwiches - how cute are they???? i stole the idea from the blog of my very creative friend lauren. i think i was more enamored with them than the kids! we read a story about how God gave us christmas and tried to keep the kids from jumping out of their skin with all the sugar and excitement. the high in charleston on friday was 82 so they played outside on the playground in the sunshine before saying their goodbyes. caroline is going to miss her wonderful teacher and friends for the next 2 weeks. she LOVES school so much!!

post signature

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a good Mommy you are I still remember making star and bell sandwiches for Andrea and her brownie troop and punch with sherbert and them saying 'yuk' what is that?but never the less Andrea said 'Mom thank you for you my party' and that made it all worth it. so being there for your girls whether they want you or not is important and they don't forget it. also was always a room Mom and there for all the important
events and or plays-- memories that can't be replaced and they never forget.[even though I was a 'working Mom'] I always thought that was a poor excuse you do what you have to do,priorties!!!!
In the end what is the most important role in life than raising your children --to be the best they can be loving the Lord and living life to the fullest. You
and John are awesome parents and I send you many prayers and blessings
and a blessed Christmas and New Years
Love ya
Ramona

Flynt Family said...

I love the sandwiches! What a cute idea! All the pictures are so cute. We miss y'all! Have a great time in GA!! Merry Christmas!

laurenbusbee said...

Lauren,

I am so glad you made the sandwiches. I am always more enamored with the food creations than the kiddos are, but it's still worth it!! Caroline looks to have the sweetest teacher and friends. I hope the Fortney family has a very merry and blessed Christmas!