Thursday, June 12, 2008
1st Father/Daughter Campout
I had been wanting to camp with Caroline for a long time and finally the time was right. We decided to start out simple and headed out for the James Island County Park after work on Friday night. Mommy and the girls met me at the park and we got to work setting up camp. It just happened to be Memorial Day Weekend and the park was packed. There were at least two boy scout troops camping in the "wilderness camping" section with us. While setting up camp, we met a wonderful family with a precious daughter named Hope. She and Caroline played most of the evening. After we set up the tent, mommy and Susanna had to leave, although I know Lauren wishes she could have stayed. Caroline and I went to bed around 9pm and I think she fell asleep shortly after midnight. The three hours spent together in that tiny tent talking about princesses and all the noises outside were three of the most wonderful hours I have spent on this earth. Like clockwork, Caroline woke up around 7am and we cooked breakfast. The rest of the morning was spent playing with the dogs in the park and swimming at the water park. I am so excited to share many more outdoor adventures with my precious daughters and my beautiful wife. Our next outing will involve the entire family.
-John
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Oh how fun!! I'm sure Caroline had the best time with her Daddy. I'm sure Eric wishes he and Sara Kate were there with them! :)
I LOVE this post!! I'm going to have to send it to Chris. John captured the most wonderful and dreamy "ideas" of parenthood that we all had before we had kids in a real-life event, which is awesome. I love moments like that - where you REALLY appreciate and love time with your kids! Great job!
Post a Comment